5.06.2008
Chocolate Cravings
Chocolate...what a sweet word to describe the treat that seem to be most associated with cravings. It is not unusual to hear that a woman has craving for chocolate. I know I do sometimes. What is it about this food that evokes cravings? Is it the sweetness or bitterness? Why does it seem like more women are 'addicted' to chocolate? We've all heard reports at one time or another that suggest that chocolate, especially dark chocolate, can be good for you. Then again, it can contain a lot of sugar and calories. Too much can be harmful to your health. As a kid, chocolate was a special treat that always put me in a better mood. The way it melted in my mouth made it too great for words. I particularly like the frango mint chocolates that we bought every Christmas from Macy's. I love the added mint flavor. It made chocolate cool and refreshing. There are many other kinds of flavored chocolate that everyone can choose as their favorite. It seems that chocolate is one of those universal foods that almost everyone can relate to. Women especially, I feel are in some ways more bonded because of their love for chocolate. My friends and I crave for chocolate when we are sad and/or happy. It can be an agent of consolation in sad times or it can be used to celebrate a happy event in a woman's life. I have used chocolate as a way to feel happier and also as a way to treat myself when I have accomplished something. I think that women use chocolate as a bonding tool to deepen or enhance their relationships.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment