I'll admit, I watch reality television. It all started when Survivor first aired. I was fascinated by the competitiveness the contestants had. Watching it was my guilty pleasure, just like eating cheesecake is. Well, I don't watch Survivor anymore, but I do watch Top Chef. It airs on Bravo and is in its fourth season. The nations' top chefs are selected to compete in various cooking challenges and each week, the weakest chef is eliminated. The chef that is left standing at the end of the show is named top chef. I think that I was drawn to this show because it was about cooking in a way that is very advanced. It's about high-class food that I am totally unfamiliar with. I've heard of caviar and beef carpaccio, but have I ever tasted them? No. The cooking skills that the chefs use are amazing and quite frankly mind-blowing to me. I can follow directions in making a dish, but I can't compare with what the chefs on the show can do. They are very skilled and passionate about the whole process of creating a dish and serving it for people to enjoy. I love that element in the show. Not only are they doing it to win money but they do it because they love it. It's an occupation that takes a lot of hard work. I admire them for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment